Wednesday, October 31, 2018

In The Mind Of: Michael Myers (SPOILERS)

Related image

You can't kill the Boogeyman...

There is no better way to describe Michael Myers than those words quoted above. I am a big fan of horror movies, and my gateway into them was none other than the boogeyman himself. As I grew older, my fondness for him never changed, and I started to appreciate him for more reasons other than nostalgia. One thing that makes Michael stand out among the likes of Freddy, Jason, Chucky, and Leatherface is that we know next to nothing about him other than the fact that he is just some deranged man who killed his sister when he was only six years old. Naturally, this means he is lacking in any true character, but somehow, it makes him scarier. Sometimes less is more, and people fear what they can't understand.

Personally, Michael never really scared me, and the sequels did him no favors. However, the new re-sequel has actually come the closest to making me terrified of him, as he engages in insanely brutal acts of violence and shows no mercy to anyone, not even children! The movie made it clear that this was all Michael ever needed in order to be a truly terrifying character.

Overall, Michael is my favorite horror icon of all time. Though he is impossible to understand, there is no reason to. Michael is the Boogeyman, and he will live on to haunt the streets of Haddonfield every All Hallows' Eve.


No comments:

Post a Comment